Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Careful, It's a Jungle Out There!

Hi-ho friends,

It was a wonderful Christmas for the ladies here at Artful Anthro. The best part? Giving our quality handmade gifts and watching little faces light up. However the aftermath of the holidays has us both drained and energized. (Weird combination - how can you be both!? I'm sure you're asking). Well, we've got a ton of new ideas swimming in our heads as we need to find homes for a few things. Drained because as I look behind me at the workspace it seems as if a major natural event has occurred and left the room a disaster zone.

So before I commence my holiday overhaul of our workspace I have a few friends I'd like to introduce you to:

Meet Rwar!
Rwar the tiger is a crochet pattern from Ana Paula Rimoli that has some minor modifications by us. He is on safari at his new home now and we hope he's very happy with his new pal!

Hello, My name is Squidy
This is Squidy the Octopus (are you going to argue with a 5-year old over the finer points of cephalopods?) With every octopus I make I feel as if they're legs get shorter and fatter each time. This particular specimen differs widely from those made in the past because her eyes are felt instead of safety eyes. My reasoning? I ran out of the giant ones I normally use. It must be time for a spread sheet of inventory, me thinks. Last I saw Squidy she was happily nestled between the Little Mermaid and her pal Sebastian.

Introducing The Penguin
This little guy was a bit frustrating to make. Don't get me wrong I've made birds before, you know the cute little song birds that tweet tweet on the branches - a penguin is not a songbird. While the basic pattern is from Ana Paula Rimoli, this bird barely resembles that pattern. His shape is all wrong, but you know what? I LOVE HIM! I actually like it better and find it to be a more believable penguin that what I set out to make. This little guy is cheerfully crashing Gotham City and taking on Batman now (no kidding, he stands as tall as the city).

We have a few more gifts, still living at home just waiting to meet their new owners so they'll be making their debut here soon as well as some new craft projects we've completed around the home. Tune in next week for more crafty fun!

Cheers,
Artful Anthropology

No comments:

Post a Comment